Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nikon D40x

I finally got my much-coveted Nikon digital SLR camera about a month ago. After over five months of research and saving up, I now have my very own Nikon D40x and I just love this little baby.













A number of friends have suggested that I should have gone for a Canon. But having used a Nikon Coolpix 4100 in the last four years, I didn't even think of going for any other camera for my first digital SLR. The 10.2MP-class APS-C size CCD camera setup came as a double zoom (two-lens) kit: AF-S DX 18-55mm II wideangle lens and AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-to-f/5.6 VR telephoto lens (Nikon's smallest, lightest, and least-expensive vibration-reduction lens to date). According to one review: The wideangle lens is perfect for interior shots, group shots and breathtaking landscapes. The telephoto lens gets you close to distant subjects while the VR stabilization system eliminates image-blur caused by hand-shake, making it an ideal lens for portraiture and sports.













I'm still getting to know this nifty camera. Of course, it accompanied me to my trip back home and I have taken quite a lot of family photos (especially of my nieces and nephew). This entry-level DSLR was not cumbersome to lug around. It proved to be portable and lightweight, compact and incredibly simple and easy to use - almost like carrying a point & shoot compact digital. I had the camera, two lenses, spare SD memory cards, cables and battery changer in a cool and stylish black/red Delsey GoPix75 camera outfit bag.

Now, I'm immersing myself into reading books on digital photography and simply just having fun with my Nikon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Nice to read your thoughts on this camera! This is the one I've been eyeing as my big present to myself once I finally get out of here. :)

10:55 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. This will be a worthwhile reward to yourself after the long and arduous years in grad school. Goodluck! (and belated Happy Thanksgiving).

3:57 pm  
Blogger Didi said...

Nice camera! I'm thinking if I should seriously get one.. I would need to save and forgo most of my shopping (if ever I do go shopping)...

8:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You won't regret getting this camera (if you decide to get one). You'll have much fun learning more about photography.

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home